1. About God: God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. // Genesis 1:1, 26-27, 3:22 / Psalm 90:2 / Matthew 28:19 / 2 Corinthians 13:14
2. About Jesus Christ: He is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice for all people by dying on the cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate his power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven's glory and will return again someday to reign as King of King and Lord of Lords. // Matthew 1:22-23 / Isaiah 9:6 / John 1:1-5, 14:10-30 / Hebrews 4:14-15 / 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 / Acts 1:9-11 / 1 Timothy 6:14-15 / Titus 2:13
3. About the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and Son. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under his control daily. // 2 Corinthians 3:17 / John 16:7-13, 14:16-17 / Acts 1:8 / 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16 / Ephesians 1;13 / Acts 2:4
4. About the Bible: The Bible is God's Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of all truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error. // 2 Timothy 1:13, 3:16 / 2 Peter 1:20,21 / Psalm 119:105
5. About human beings: People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like him in character. People are the supreme object of God's creation. Although every person has a great potential for good, all of us are infected with an attitude of disobedience toward God called "Sin". This sin nature (attitude) separates people from God and is the root cause of many problems of life. // Genesis 1:27 / Psalm 8:3-6 / Isaiah 53:6 / Romans 3:23
6. About Salvation: "Salvation" is God's free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sins through self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer for forgiveness can any one be saved from sin's penalty. When we turn from our self-willed lives and turn to Christ in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into their life by faith. // Romans 6:23 / Ephesians 3:8,9 / John 14:6, 1:12 / Titus 3:5 / Galatians 3:26 / Romans 5:1
7. About Eternity: The soul of every human being was created to live forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through salvation and forgiveness. Hell is eternal separation from God. Heaven is eternal union with God. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. // John 3:16, 2:25, 5:11-13 / Romans 6:23 / Revelation 20:15 / Matthew 1:8, 2:44-46
In the essential beliefs, we have unity.
"There is one body and one spirit...there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and father of us all..." Ephesians 4:4-6
In the non-essential beliefs, we have liberty. "Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgement on disputable matters. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls... so then each of us will give an account of himself to God.... so whatever you think about these things, keep them between yourself and God." Romans 14:1,4,12,22.